Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lulu - It's Starting!

When Lulu plays, I leave a puzzle or shape sorter type toy next to her, to spark her interest in them. Sometimes I sit and do the activity and she watches me and thinks about it a bit. This morning, I put a puzzle next to her with the pieces removed (the fish/turtle/crab one in the background of the pic below). I sat at my desk near her to catch up on email, and I heard these increasingly frustrated sounds coming from her. I looked over and she had put the turtle and crab in, but was struggling with the fish. I helped her with it and got out a simpler puzzle:


She's getting it!!! Matching up the shape with where it goes and working to put the piece in. My heart was singing. :) I have said before that this is the age where I started "teaching" Bug at home.. but I haven't wanted to force Lulu into it. I wanted it to start organically like it did with Bug. Lulu has been starting to recognize numbers lately (thank you Umizoomi! :) ) and a couple colors. And now the puzzle - yaay! I think she's about ready to do more purposeful learning activities!!

I'm beyond excited that we are embarking on the homeschool journey with our baby now. It's been so rewarding and precious with Bug; I am looking forward to adding Lulu into the mix. :)

My joy was overflowing, so I thought "Blog Post!" :) Thanks for sharing in my happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment