Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Our Learning Space

Pictures of the space where we learn and play:

Morning "Circle" Area
where we talk about what day it is, the weather, the month, the season,
and where we will do our morning storytime:



Learning Area:
Books are sorted by type (animals, learning to read, God, science, people/feelings, fairytales/classics, etc.)
Bins hold play-doh, learning games, and other fun activities
There are a couple shelves for puzzles and learning games/manipulatives
Other baskets have activity workbooks and coloring/sticker books
Hutch holds craft materials


"My" Shelves:
Top 2 shelves have old Mailbox issues and activity/teaching books & materials my MIL gave me; bottom 2 shelves have the Calvert curriculum and Handwriting without Tears materials
The science and math activities boxes are in there as well, also some misc. craft supplies that didn't fit in the hutch

And the play area -- playing is one of the most important (if not THE most important) components of learning as a child!


I love being organized. :)

2 comments:

  1. And organized you are my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before you know it, you'll be doing this as a profession. Looks great. I wish I had that kind of space to dedicate to learning.

    ReplyDelete